I’m so excited to share the very first episode of the Embodied Black Girl Podcast with you! It’s been a while coming.
We’ve been experiencing massive amounts of snow over here (and throughout the United States). For us, that means we’ve been mainly inside except for short periodic outdoor adventures. And six people (kids and grown folk) inside for that long isn’t really conducive to recording a podcast. But I was finally able to get enough quiet (praise Spirit for warmer weather) so here we are.
In this first solo episode, I share…
- A new approach to introductions
- What my work is in devotion to and why
- Why the liberation of Black women is where it’s at for all of us
- The importance of community
- How I’m untethering from what bell hooks calls the white supremacist capitalist patriarchy
- What I’m 100% D-O-N-E with (you probably want to be done with this too)
- Also, don’t miss the story on the ways my father affirmed me and how that informs who I am today
- And more lessons I’m leaning into during this new season
TUNE IN ON: APPLE PODCASTS ✹ SPOTIFY ✹ STITCHER
EPISODE REFERENCES + RESOURCES
JOIN OUR PODCAST COMMUNITY
For bonuses goodies please join our podcast community over at: www.EmbodiedBlackGirlPodcast.com
ENJOYED THIS EPISODE?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to leave a written review over on Apple Podcasts. This helps other folks find the show and helps us know what’s resonating with you! Also please use the share links to share about the show with your community! Thank you so much, it’s so appreciated! ?
CONNECT WITH THÉRÈSE + EMBODIED BLACK GIRL
♫ Our Theme Song “Hey Queen” is by Beautiful Chorus.