Are you constantly coming up with fresh and creative ideas? If not, then you need to learn how to tap into that creative part of yourself that’s constantly churning out the best and brightest ideas 24/7.
If you think your creative clock is not working. Think again. When you start implementing a few tools you may find that your creativity is working so much you won’t have enough hours in the day to keep up with your creative engine.
Why Would You Want To Access Your Creativity Anyway?
The answer may seem obvious, but sometimes we need to be reminded of the obvious. When you really get in touch with your creative side it will be the most fun you’ll ever have! Seriously. You will feel like a big kid in a candy store with an unlimited amount of colors, flavors and sizes to choose from.
In addition to being fun, getting in touch with your creativity will help every area of your life, from your business, to your relationships, to your health, you name it. Why? Because your creativity will always nudge you to grow and expand in ways you may not have thought of before. Creativity is truly the seat of innovation. When you access the entire spectrum of your creative rainbow the possibilities of what you can and will create are endless.
Keeping the Love Alive
Have you ever been in a relationship where there was no creativity or the creativity felt like it died?
This can happen to even the best relationships if the love isn’t nurtured. People get busy and life happens and before you know it one of you or both of you no longer does the little things that made you fall for one another nor do either of you find new ways to keep the spark alive. The little notes and messages just because stopped, as did the flowers, long talks about the future etc. I’m sure you would agree that as a relationship progresses it’s even more important to consistently do and find new creative gestures of love no matter how big or how small. This is the best way to keep the love alive, strong and growing.
Just as you would nurture and cultivate your relationship with your partner, you must also nurture your creative relationship with yourself.
I made this video to share a few ideas on how you can access your creativity. Check it out here.
Being creative is meant to be fun so here are the creative tools outlined in the video.
5 Easy Steps to Access Your Creativity
- Acknowledge Creativity Begins From Within – You were born a creative being. We all were. Once you acknowledge that creativity is embedded in you DNA it’s much easier to access it. When you see your creativity as something that’s external and out of reach then it will always elude you. Instead realize just as every child is creative so is every adult, including you.
- Make Space For Creativity – Do you make time every day to be creative? If not, consider making time for your creative juices to flow. It can even be for 5 minutes a day. Just like you make space when you want to attract something new into your life or buy something new you must also make time and space for being creative. Let your mind wander and allow yourself to have fun. Although creativity can be a developed habit it doesn’t have to be stagnant.
- Every Idea is Creative – When you stop labeling your ideas as either “good” or “bad” it gives you freedom. For now just embrace every idea you have. It doesn’t matter if you won’t implement them all. When you learn to embrace The Perfection of Imperfection you allow your ideas to grow. And when you do this an idea that may have seemed not so good at first can grow into your most creative idea. Just like children creativity requires time to develop and grow.
- Step Outside of Your Comfort Zone – Think about something new that you can do today. Is there something that you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t? Forget about the reasons you gave yourself why you can’t. Those reasons are only real in your mind. Maybe you’ll learn how to ride a bike like my friend did or go back to school or open a new business. You CAN do it! Just make a commitment to stretch yourself.
- Infuse Creativity Into Simple Daily Activities – Whether you’re walking down the street or talking to a friend on the phone you can infuse creativity into simple activities. Notice something different on your walk, or take a new path. If you always talk about work or relationships with your friend find a new topic to discuss. If you’re cooking try different spices or a new food you’ve never had before. When you cultivate a genuine curiosity and interest about things you allow your creativity to flow. Take a moment to observe a child and begin to have that same childlike interest about the things, people, and places in your life.
Key Points to Remember About Creativity
- Creativity is constantly flowing.
- Creativity is not birthed out of stagnation.
- You have an unlimited amount of creative ideas at all times just waiting for you to tap into it.
- Anything you do can be creative even the simplest activities.
- It is in the doing that creativity flows.
- Creativity is open and available to you morning, noon and night.
So now it’s your turn. What do you do to access your creativity? Or maybe you have trouble accessing that creative part of yourself. If so, share how you’d like your creativity to blossom? I’d love to hear your thoughts about it. Let’s get a juicy creative conversation going.
And remember if you liked this post please share it with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and others.