Self-care is one of the topics that I’m very passionate about because it impacts every area of our lives. The presence or lack of self-care effects your health, relationships, work, body, emotions, thoughts, and even your finances.
I must admit now that I’m a mommy, I have to make a conscious effort to create space for my self-care. To supercharge our self-care I spoke to my dear friend and sister Christine Egan about the life-saving power of self-care. Christine is a healthy living advocate and the author of The Healthy Girl’s Guide to Breast Cancer and her story is not only inspirational for anyone who is battling any illness but also for those of us want to make simple changes that will leave us feeling more radiant, alive and fulfilled.
Today you’ll discover:
- The definition of real self-care. (it’s way more than getting a mani-pedi or going to yoga or the gym)
- The simple shift you can make in order to make your self-care practice more fulfilling. This is especially important if you feel stressed out even after carving out space for self-care.
- How being in a state of fight or flight impacts our lives and how you can tell if you’re experiencing that now. (This was an important aspect in Christine’s cancer recovery).
- If you’re trying to lose those last 10, 15, or 25 pounds Christine shares the real secret behind weight loss. (Listen for the client story).
- How to ask for help and then trust that others have your back.
- How to bring more fun into your work and make “boring” and “mundane” tasks like laundry and errands more pleasurable. (This is important for entrepreneurs and creatives alike).
- The question that you must ask yourself in order to add more fun (and magic) to your day. (I loved this question)!
This interview is filled with inspiration and chock-full of golden nuggets. Hit play to listen.
What self-care practice are you committed to doing today? Share your intention in the comments and inspire someone today.
Christine’s Book: The Healthy Girl’s Guide To Breast Cancer
Share this inspiring interview with your friends…
Tweet this out:
Right click the image to save + share on Instagram.
Join me Activate Your Light (a free soulful workshop). Register over here.